Aug 20 2013 (6:00 PM - 8:30 PM)
Please do not arrive before 5:45 PM
Let us know you are coming....Early!
Each month, a week before the meeting, the RSVP count is confirmed to ensure we request enough food and work to provide a large enough room for the meeting. When we encounter a number of people signing up in the days immediately preceding the meeting, we occasionally get assigned to a smaller room or might run low on food.
You will help us out a great deal if you let us know you're coming by the 2nd Thursday of the month. If you can't, let us know as soon as you can. In any case, we want you to come! Just be patient as we adjust.
Feature-Based Project Management: The New Discipline for Project and QA Managers
The success of any project depends on how requirements are being managed, and how changes are being controlled throughout the project. When things get hectic and the schedule slips, it becomes crucial to get back to the customer as soon as possible with some adjustments to functionality being delivered. In fact, it is even more crucial to avoid that schedule slippage in the first place. Most importantly, it is critical to any project manager or QA manager to provide accurate estimates for each feature to be delivered, with accurate time frame when it will be delivered. Agile projects also must have better control over increments to make sure specific functionality is delivered at the right time.
In this presentation, Dr. Magdy Hanna will share his new approach to Feature-Based Project Management. The approach provides a process that effectively manages projects through requirement management. Feature-Based Project Management is supported by RommanaT , an integrated software lifecycle management methodology and tool. Using Feature-Based Project Management, you should be able to perform the following project management activities:
- Allocating and managing project resources, roles, responsibilities and access rights.
- Creating and managing project tasks for both development and testing on the project level, as well as on the requirement level.
- Creating and maintaining action item lists for both development and testing effort.
- Managing risks throughout the project for both development and testing on the project level, as well as on the requirement level.
- Creating and maintaining project timeline for all project tasks for both development and testing.
- Creating and maintaining cost and time estimates for both development and testing tasks, either on the projects level or the requirement level.
- Managing product release and features included in each release.
About our Speakers:: Dr. Hanna
Dr. Hanna is a recognized educator, speaker and consultant in several areas of software engineering. His distinguished seminars on various topics have been highly rated by software professionals. His experience with software goes back to the mid 1970’s, when he worked as a developer at the NCR Center and the American University in Cairo , Egypt . Over the last thirty-five years, Dr. Hanna has worked in all aspects and capacities of software projects and processes. He has trained over 50,000 professionals around the world over the last 20 years. His passion and enthusiasm for testing, process improvement, and software engineering are contagious.
Dr. Hanna is Founder, CEO, and Chairman of several organizations:
- International Institute for Software Testing (www.iist.org), leading educational and professional development organization that provides education-based certifications to software test and quality professionals around the world. Dr. Hanna serves as the Chairman of Advisory Board for the Certified Software Test Professional (CSTP) and the Certified Test Manager (CTM) credentials.
- International Institute for Software Process (www.spinstitute.org), leading professional development organization that provides education-based certifications to software process improvement professionals around the world. Dr. Hanna serves as the Chairman of Advisory Board for the International Software Process Improvement Certification (ISPIC).
- International Conference on Practical Software Quality and Testing, (www.PSQTconference.com).
- International Conference on Software Process Improvement, (www.icspi.com).
- RommanaT Software (www.Rommanasoftware.com). In this role, he is the Chief Architect of an Integrated Software Lifecycle Management System.
Dr. Hanna also served as Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Software Test Professionals, a publication of the International Institute for Software Testing, now the Bug Free Zone (www.iist.org/bugfreezone). As a professor of Software Engineering at the University of St. Thomas , he taught graduate courses on several software engineering topics with emphasis on practical software quality techniques. Dr. Hanna consults with companies to define and improve their software processes using disciplined software engineering approaches.
Dr. Hanna developed new approaches and methods in software engineering including the Scenario-Based Development and Testing (SBDT), Requirement-Based Project Management (RBPM), Software Quality Engineering Methodology (SQEngineer), the Unified Data Model (UDM), and the Data-Driven Object Model ( DOM ). Dr. Hanna and his instructors conduct hundreds of free online webinars each year.
Dr. Hanna holds a Ph.D. and a Masters Degree in Computer and Information Sciences form the University of Minnesota , also a Masters in Operations Research from Cairo University , and B. Sc. in Petroleum Engineering from Suez Canal University, Egypt.
Pre-pay by Paypal: $25.00 (includes dinner). Note that if you pre-pay and do not show, there is no refund available. NOTE: If you use paypal to register after 5PM on Monday before the meeting, please bring your Paypal receipt with you to the meeting.
If not pre-paid: $30 at the door. Please email RSVP. If you don't RSVP, we unfortunately cannot guarantee dinner.