Jul 16 2013 (6:00 PM - 8:30 PM)
Cost Effective Methods for Test Environments Management
In order to effectively support the variety of typical test scenarios across the enterprise, there is a need for automation, performance and mobile environments for each application under test. In a typical IT shop, where cost is always on the radar, procurement of environments for such specific testing needs may not be practical. At the same time, the procured environments need to be setup and maintained over time. This presentation discusses the best practices in leveraging cloud based infrastructure to address testing environment needs. The details of the presentation will also discuss the recommended processes and potential challenges in establishing cloud based test environments. It has been practically observed across industry verticals that setting up a cloud environment can potentially return huge cost savings versus a physical environment.
Key take aways for the audience will include:
- Dynamic needs for test environment setup and maintenance
- Optimizing software application development and testing infrastructure
- Cost effective methods for test environment management
- Examples of test environment needs for functional and non-functional testing
- Process and challenges of setting up infrastructure for various testing needs
- Alternatives to reduce effort and cost in infrastructure setup
- Managing data and application security in the cloud
- Cost comparison of physical infrastructure versus cloud infrastructure
About our Speakers:: PRabhu Meruga
PRabhu Meruga is currently the director of solution engineering for CSS Corp. In this capacity he heads the testing solution services for CSS Corp for Americas covering multiple clientele across domains such as Aerospace, Finance, Logistics and Retail. He has been a seasoned QA practitioner with consulting experience in setting up QA/testing centers of excellence for large enterprises with the foundation of test best practices covering processes and testing tools. He is a Certified Software Test Engineer and Quality Analyst from QAI. As part of thought leadership, he is an active speaker and has submitted technical test consulting papers in international testing forums. Currently he is focusing on designing testing solutions for emerging technology trends such as mobility, Cloud and Analytics. In his free time, he loves to read technology magazines and hit the beach for jogging in Laguna beach, CA.
Meeting presentation file(s):